2012年2月8日 星期三

Chapter 5


List the social statuses you occupy. Which ones are ascribed, and which
are achieved? What roles are you expected to play as a consequence of the positions
you occupy? How do you resolve possible role conflicts? (see pages 110-115).

The social statuses I occupy are: son, little brother, cousin, boy friend, full-time student, and part-time worker etc. Son, little brother, cousin are my ascribed social statuses. Boy friend, full-time student, and part-time job are my achieved social statuses. There are a lot of roles that I expected to play. Growing up in an Asian family, I have been told to study hard as a student and that is my priority. I have been taught to be nice and polite to my parents and do what they want me to do in order to be a good son. As a boy friend, my girl friend expects me to spend time with her and listen to her all the time and remember everything she has told me. There are a lot of role conflicts; I should spent time with my parents as a son, I should spent time with my girl friend as her boy friend, but at the same time I have to study hard and I have to work hard in order to make money. I think time management is important, that allows me to play all the roles most of the time.

沒有留言:

張貼留言