2012年3月15日 星期四

Chapter 15


The United States is commonly referred to as a representative democracy.
Do Congressmen and women genuinely represent the masses or has the government
become a forum for the powerful elites?


I think we vote for the people who we think can help us. But it turns out they are not really helping us; they are not representing us. I think probably the U.S is sharing the same problem with my home country, Taiwan. We vote for people to represent us, but seems like they don’t really listen to us. They are doing the things that are beneficial to them only. Another problem is almost only rich and powerful people would get to participate in election. And I don’t think their intensions are to help and represent the rest of us. I personally think they do it for money. They have a good amount of salary, and they might take money under table. So I think the political system needs to be changed to something other than democracy, or it's just we have to make the system better. 

沒有留言:

張貼留言