To what extent do race and ethnicity influence the opportunities you have
and obstacles you face? How conscious are you of your race and ethnicity and their
possible influence on your life.
I recently read an article about that it is
harder for Asian to get into good universities. It’s basically saying that
schools have a higher standard for Asian, so Asian must be super good in order
to get the chance to get in. Therefore, some
applicants would not reveal their race/ethnicity on their applications. That is
totally unfair. I know most Asian appear to be smart and good at math. But I am
not that kind of Asian. And even though I can choose not to tell my ethnicity,
they will still know I am Asian by just knowing my name. I could not find the original website, but I think they following article is very similar. http://www.usatoday.com/news/education/story/2011-12-03/asian-students-college-applications/51620236/1
沒有留言:
張貼留言